What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari "Open in..." command stopped working

Jrf2112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I used to be able to click on a torrent file on btjunkie or similar and Safari would take me to a screen with an icon and two buttons: "Open in..." and "Open in FileBrowser". After a while, clicking on the latter would freeze the iPad, and clicking on the generic button would do nothing (the button would darken and register that I had touched it, but no amount of pressing would get it to do anything).

I'm running jail broken 4.2.1 (and the problem doesn't go away if I go back to non-jailbroken), and I've tried clearing the cache, etc.

Any thoughts? Or alternatives? I really miss being able to download files onto my computer from my iPad...

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Jer

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I used to be able to click on a torrent file on btjunkie or similar and Safari would take me to a screen with an icon and two buttons: "Open in..." and "Open in FileBrowser". After a while, clicking on the latter would freeze the iPad, and clicking on the generic button would do nothing (the button would darken and register that I had touched it, but no amount of pressing would get it to do anything).

I'm running jail broken 4.2.1 (and the problem doesn't go away if I go back to non-jailbroken), and I've tried clearing the cache, etc.

Any thoughts? Or alternatives? I really miss being able to download files onto my computer from my iPad...

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Jer

The big thing I see is this "after a while" part of your post. So - it works for a time, then it stops?

You didn't mention if you ever tried this, but, the first thing I'd recommend when it does that is to do a respring. Sometimes, things just get hung up and you need to do that (or even a reboot). I've found that most of my [few and far between] problems are often solved by a respring/reboot.

That's all I've got ... good luck.

Marilyn

OP
J

Jrf2112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I do reboot regularly just to keep the performance fresh...I'll check out the bounced hacking section.

Cheers,
J

Most reactions

Latest posts