What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari open in downloads

Frecato

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New to iPad and just clicked on a link to download an exe file but when safari displayed then open in message I just closed the screen. I would like to know if the file is actually on the iPad or not and if so how I locate it and delete it. The exe was a pc filer so wouldn't work on the iPad anyway. I already deleted the cache and data if that helps. Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Unless you specifically chose Open In to copy it to another app, the file is gone. Only apps that specialize in storing and organizing files would have been likely to offer you the option, since none of them would have been able to actually open the file; as you've noted.

OP
F

Frecato

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless you specifically chose Open In to copy it to another app, the file is gone. Only apps that specialize in storing and organizing files would have been likely to offer you the option, since none of them would have been able to actually open the file; as you've noted.

Awesome thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts