What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari "Mail Link to this Page" From account

tobindia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I click on "Mail Link to this Page" in Safari on my iPad 3, it brings up a new Mail message page. The "From" field, however, shows an @me.com account that I didn't even know that I had!

1. How can I change the default From account to one of my own choosing?

2. Where did this @me.com account come from? Does it affect anything else? Can/should I eliminate or change it?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Touch the FROM field to change to another email account. Your available accounts will show up at the bottom of the screen and you can choose which one to send from.

OP
T

tobindia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. That worked, but it only worked for that one email. When I tried to email a link again -- even a different link and after a reboot -- the @me.com address was defaulted to once again. I'd like to change the From address permanently. How can I do that?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The @me.com account probably got set up when you create your iCloud account. There was an option one way or the other tucked in the setup.

At any rate, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars; scroll down to the Mail settings and change your default account to which ever one you want showing up by, well, default.

Some caveats.

This will work when you are looking at your All Inboxes folder. It will also work when you send emails from other apps.

But if you are in a specific mail account's inbox or account folder, it will use that account as default when you send an email. Which makes sense, actually.

Most reactions

Latest posts