What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Router and iPad problems

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For many months my iPad has been zipping along at home over wifi but over the last few weeks Safari has ground to a near halt. I can stream movies and tv programmes without any problems at all (via separate apps) but anything remotely connected with Safari is on a go slow.

I have checked and done the following: cleared my cache; deleted and reconnected to my router; rebooted my router, rebooted my iPad and checked speeds with Speed Test HD and I'm getting between 4 and 6mb/s.

At work I don't have any of these problems using the same iPad and on that connection I have only around 1mb/s but safari runs smoothly.

My macbook's also run fine on my home wifi connection.

I am using a BT Homehub.

I seem to recall threads from the past about this but despite many searches I cannot find the answer (I think that I may have even posted in some of those threads).

I think the answer lies in my router settings but I know nothing about such things.......so your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help me solve this conundrum.

The Archangel

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts