What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home router problem

ipaddj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad has worked flawlessly with my home router since I got it six months ago but now, suddenly, every app says there is no internet connection -- even though it shows that it is connected to the router. Even more curious, my iPhone continues to connect to the internet through the same router. After I couldn't get a connection at home with my iPad, I went to Starbucks and had no problem connecting and going online via WiFi. Then when I got back home, iPhone works and iPad doesn't. Any ideas?

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have your called your ISP and told them of the problem? Also, most router manufacturers have a website for their brand where you can find help and sometimes even a Live Chat tech or phone number. Hope this helps.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a number of threads about this, you can check around. However, even though your phone works, you might try rebooting your router. That's worked for me when every thing else seemed "normal". It wouldn't hurt to restart you iPad too, if you haven't done that in a while.

OP
I

ipaddj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just rebooted the router and I've restarted my iPad several times. I've renewed the lease, cleared everything in Safari -- everything and I still get the same message in every app, "no network detected." Should I totally reset and erase everything. I just made sure to backup everything on iTunes. Is it easy to restore everything?

angeleden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you restart your iPad, but did you Resetted it?
For doing so, you must press the On/Off button a few seconds to see a window appears.
Most of the times this fix any application problem... like download problems from AppStore.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure you've got strong wifi signal (3 fan shaped bars) in the upper left where it says iPad.
If you have a 3G model you can try switching to that.
Take a look in Settings > General, make sure "Restrictions" is off

Reaction score
I just rebooted the router and I've restarted my iPad several times. I've renewed the lease, cleared everything in Safari -- everything and I still get the same message in every app, "no network detected." Should I totally reset and erase everything. I just made sure to backup everything on iTunes. Is it easy to restore everything?

No need to go that far. You can delete the wifi network without a master Ipad reset.
Settings , reset, reset network settings . It will delete the wifi only. Don't freak when your Ipad shuts off and restarts.
then go into settings , general, network, wifi on, your Ipad should search/find your router
If that doesn't work it's tor router since it works fine elsewhere.
Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Inc

Most reactions

Latest posts