What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Router upgrade

Stevekw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am considering a new router as my apple extreme is a bit old in the tooth and I have read a new router might increase my speed and sometime connectivity issues.

What are your recommendations for a new router (brand, type etc.)?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

I run all apple.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
First, make sure you get an N router (A,B,G should already be supported) as you will get the most out of your iPad even if your internet is not as fast as that (and it probably isnt with the avg being between 10-20 mb)

Second, and this is a personal one, Linksys is the brand I have used for more than 12 years now, and they have just worked. I have upgraded them to new models basically when the bandwidth of the wifi has increased.

So long as you don't go out and get the "well, this supports N and it is $15" version of a router, you should be ok.

Just remember, at least get a router that supports N. It will make streaming (if you do that) much better.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So long as you don't go out and get the "well, this supports N and it is $15" version of a router, you should be ok.
I paid $20 (+ shipping) for my D-Link DIR615 802.11n router from BestBuy and it gotta tell ya, it works great!

YMMV!

Most reactions

Latest posts