What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Return to iOS 6 notes?

darrell6t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I loved the way nNotes IOS 6 looked with the lined yellow pad.
I hate the iOS 7 version with plain text on too white nothing.
Is there any way to get the old Notes app?
Thank you

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I loved the way nNotes IOS 6 looked with the lined yellow pad. I hate the iOS 7 version with plain text on too white nothing. Is there any way to get the old Notes app? Thank you
The notes app is a stock app included with every iPad. It is built into iOS 7 and can't be changed. Since Apple doesn't allow for downgrading iOS versions once the signing window for the previous iOS version has closed, there is no way to get the iOS 6 version of the notes app on your iPad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On the other hand, there are dozens of third party note taking apps out there. Explore. You have a good chance of finding one you like even better than the original Notes app.

OP
D

darrell6t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both. I expected that the old version was not available. If I find another app can it replace the built in version on the Home screen? Or must the Apple version remain there?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could hide the Apple version in a folder or on a homescreen you use rarely.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with Johanna just hide the app in a folder with any thing else you do not use and drag the folder to the last page. Search App store for note pad or similar and pick from the many choices available. Hope that assists you

Most reactions

Latest posts