What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible to update 5.1.1 to 6.1.x

Barty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im still on iOS 5 on my iPad 3. I'm tired of getting you need to upgrade to ios 6 to install this app message.

Can I go to 6 or it's 7 or nothing at this point?

I don't want to go to 7 because I hate the look and I just know it will be slower

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Im still on iOS 5 on my iPad 3. I'm tired of getting you need to upgrade to ios 6 to install this app message. Can I go to 6 or it's 7 or nothing at this point? I don't want to go to 7 because I hate the look and I just know it will be slower
You've already received the right answer from scifan57. At the moment the only software you can get is 7.0.4.

My iPad 3 is up to date, and it's faster than with 6.1.3.
The new look is something you can get used to.

Maybe this thread will be of interest to you: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/114230-ios7-jailbreak-status-thread-official.html

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There was a short transition time when my iPad 3 seemed a bit slower and occasionally lagged after the iOS 7 update. However it went a way after the first day. Updates often require some background stuff (like indexing spotlight) to be redone, and until it is finished you can have response issues.

Heck, I've seen the same thing on my desktop right after an upgrade. Only it's more obvious since the hard drive kicks in and doesn't stop for a couple hours.

Over all, I've found 7.04 to be fine on the iPad 3. Some people will prefer to turn off the motion affects, but they don't bother me.

Most reactions

Latest posts