What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restore jailbreaken iPad

regdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
I have jailbroken my iPad, but I noticed that I couldn't boot my iPad when I installed some apps, so I removed them, still had to use redsn0w so no luck with booting up iPad without redsn0w.
Then I decided to do a restore, I inserted the file in iTunes and it keeps "preparing" for a while, then says error 1604 and fails.
Now can't seem to start up my iPad anyway.

[EDIT]
Could delete this topic or leave it, because I will leave details how I fixed it.
I'm not sure what fixed, but this is what I did:
Tried to restore, failed with 1604 or 1602
Downloaded iTunes update (just came out), still failed
Downloaded RegCure, still failed
Tried to restore with iTunes 20 times, still failed
Plugged in to a different USB, still failed
Tried 21 times to restore, success!

It seams that after few times without leaving Recovery Mode it does work.

Last edited:

Tabletpcvision

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Using the Restore function for your device is part of standard troubleshooting procedure. Restoring your device will delete all the data from your device, including songs, videos, contacts, photos, calendar information, and any other data. All settings are restored to their factory condition.
Whenever you restore your device, Apple highly recommends that you perform a sync prior to restoring to back up any changes since your last sync. If you have movie rentals on the device, see iTunes Store movie rental usage rights in the United States before restoring.
Use the following steps to restore your device:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed and running before attempting to update.
  2. Connect your device to your computer.
  3. Select your iPad when it appears in iTunes under Devices.
  4. Select the Summary tab.
  5. Select the Restore option.
  6. When prompted to back up your settings before restoring, select the Back Up option (as seen in the image below). If you have just backed up the device, it is not necessary to create another.
  7. Select the Restore option when iTunes prompts you (as long as you've backed up your device, you should not have to worry about restoring your phone).
  8. Once the restore process has completed, the device restarts and displays the Apple logo while starting up:
  9. The final step is to restore your device from a previous backup. Select the backup you want for your device and select the Continue button to complete your device's restoration.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi!
I have jailbroken my iPad, but I noticed that I couldn't boot my iPad when I installed some apps, so I removed them, still had to use redsn0w so no luck with booting up iPad without redsn0w.
Then I decided to do a restore, I inserted the file in iTunes and it keeps "preparing" for a while, then says error 1604 and fails.
Now can't seem to start up my iPad anyway.

[EDIT]
Could delete this topic or leave it, because I will leave details how I fixed it.
I'm not sure what fixed, but this is what I did:
Tried to restore, failed with 1604 or 1602
Downloaded iTunes update (just came out), still failed
Downloaded RegCure, still failed
Tried to restore with iTunes 20 times, still failed
Plugged in to a different USB, still failed
Tried 21 times to restore, success!

It seams that after few times without leaving Recovery Mode it does work.

I suspect that if you'd put the iPad into DFU mode it would have restored much much quicker than 21 attempts! Ouch...

Most reactions

Latest posts