What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't restore jailbroken ipad

mowgzipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to restore my jailbroken ipad but I can't because when I erase all setting and content my ipad goes black with a spinning white circle and when I enter DFU mode and try to restore it on itunes the download fails with error 3259. I have tried to download the firmware but it always says not compatible. Is there any way to fix this?:confused:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you follow all the steps in this tutorial - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

It is designed to resolve all the problems you are experiencing. If you are getting an "incompatible" firmware message, you are downloading the wrong one. Make sure you choose the correct 5.1.1 file from the thread on our site which is linked to within the tutorial above. The method is foolproof and won't fail if you follow all the instructions.

Since this is jailbreak related, I will move the post to our Hacking Section.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We need more than what you've given us here. What iOS are you running? To what iOS are you trying to restore? And what, specifically, does the error message say?

With those answers, plus any more info you think might be helpful, we might be able to assist. Thanks.

Marilyn

neenaiphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Usually it does not restore but some things you can try include

1. Remove any proxy information you have set up.
  2. Update to the latest iTunes software version.
  3. Try turning off your Firewall to see if the issue is resolved (this includes the built-in Firewall or a third-party Firewall such as Norton Personal Firewall, McAfee, Symantec, etc.). Learn how to turn off your Firewall:
you can also try Wondershare Dr.Fone (Mac) (for Mac users) and check the tutorial on the wondershare site on how to restore your ipad

Most reactions