What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot Restore iPad in DFU/Recovery Mode

viivtodo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am in need of a little help. One day I was using my iPad as usual and all of the sudden it shut down. When I tried to power it back on it hesitated, but after a couple of tries (hold power button and home button together) it booted. No more than five minutes into using it, it shut down again and I could not get it to boot at all. Then, I tried to put it in recovery mode at no avail, so I put it in DFU mode. After putting it in DFU mode I plugged it in and clicked "Restore and Update" but it did not succeed. From there, I tried to boot it and it only goes to the "Recovery Mode" screen. When I plug it into the computer it detects it as a device in recovery mode, but here comes the funky part. While the iPad is still in recovery mode, I plug it into the computer and click "Restore and Update", and the apple server proceeds to sign the firmware but it does not go through, it gives error 1604. Then the iPad goes into DFU mode and appears in iTunes again, and I click "Restore and Update" again but this time the firmware gets signed and the iPad reboots and shows the empty bar below the Apple logo. At the same time, iTunes states that it's "Waiting for iPad" but after a couple of minutes the update fails and reports error 9. This happens every single time I try to restore it and I just don't know what do to anymore. Is there a fix? Should I send it in to Apple?(It was jailbroken on 4.2.1 before the incident)

Notes:
It's an iPad first generation.
I'm trying to install firmware 4.3.3.
I have tried it in 2 MACs and a PC with no avail.
I have tried using iREB.
I have tried using Sn0wbreeze-generated firmware with no avail.

Thank you in advance.
-viivtodo

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved your post to the jail breaking section, where I think it might receive better attention.

Tim

ALcH3Mi5T

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried an original apple 4.3.3 firmware manually downloaded and installed? Also try doing it on another machine. I had one computer that somehow got jacked up and wouldn't restore my phone or iPad. Used a diff one with no issues. I actually rebuilt the other one they wouldn't work with because it aggravated me so much. Not sure the steps you're taking but try connecting it, power off, put into recovery, then restore with dloaded fw.

Most reactions

Latest posts