What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing number bubbles from app icons?

stayin100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway to disable the little numbers that pop up on the app stores spring board icon?

Coffeeboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Concur with the above, but:

Settings / Notifications -> off

Edit: Doesn't do it for the AppStore, obviously...

//Stefan 

Last edited:

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can go to Settings / Notifications -> and look for the app you want to remove the bubble (badge) and then open the app under the Settings / Notifications -> and turn off the BADGE.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for those that don't fully get it, go to settings, then notifications, scroll down to the app you have an issue with and

iphone_30_settings_notifications_app_options.png

but it will go away if you access the app normally and read the notification(s).

with the app store, it would usually mean that you have updates, and if you update them it will go away.

Last edited:

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:
for those that don't fully get it, go to settings, then notifications, scroll down to the app you have an issue with and

but it will go away if you access the app normally and read the notification(s).

with the app store, it would usually mean that you have updates, and if you update them it will go away.

I'm not sure the above is fully accurate. I have just now, for the first time, found a "1" on my iPad Forum App icon, that isn't going away. I just returned from Notifications, and all of them for this App are turned off. What's with that? If there is a setting on the main iPad Forums site settings that I can reset to keep those numbers from showing up, I'll do that. I haven't found a way to manipulate that setting from this app yet.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

((EDIT)) I just discovered that my number bubble was because of a PM. I looked at the PM and answered, and the number is gone now. (Still says nothing about the Notifications be turned off for this app, and still a number appears).

Last edited:

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stayin100 said:
Is there anyway to disable the little numbers that pop up on the app stores spring board icon?

OMG just update! It's really useful, not annoying..

Most reactions

Latest posts