What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote desktop

eyeojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to remote desktop into my work Mac pro via my ipad 2 wifi/3G. I have found some reviews on remoting within the same wireless network, but not from home, etc...

Does anyone know of a good app to do this? Would it work over 3G? Thank you very much!!

Reaction score
Teamviewer works fairly straight forward. You install the free counterpart on your Mac, enter and save the credentials on your iPad and then access your Mac remotely. No special setup required.

The speed isn't great over 3g, but it works.

netkrazed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to remote desktop into my work Mac pro via my ipad 2 wifi/3G. I have found some reviews on remoting within the same wireless network, but not from home, etc...

Does anyone know of a good app to do this? Would it work over 3G? Thank you very much!!

I would also like to have a VPN capability but wishful thinking?

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded and installed Teamviewer and started using it today. The setup was easy and now I can control my PC/Mac with my iPhone. The speed isn't great when viewing video but it's usable. Its all free for personal use and includes file transfers, which logmein charges for.

OP
E

eyeojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
I've been using the Remoter VNC app and it works flawlessly (virtual touch pad, keyboard, etc.).

Did you buy any of the inApp addons? How much are they?

Thanks!!

OP
E

eyeojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Alternative said:
GoToMyPc is also a good alternative and it's free.

The app is free but not the service....quite expensive actually. It is an enterprise solution, I'm just looking for something easy and inexpensive.

Would like to hear feedback on if it's worth it however. Thanks!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Use Splashtop here loging in to both osx and win7.
Prefer it to Teamviewer having tried both at the same time, but forgotten the reason now :)

SLY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using LogMeIn Ignition for Ipad - it costs a bit, but it offers great speed, full control, and it's pretty much amazing. It has all the gestures(configurable) you need, it lets you swap monitors(if you have 2 like me), and TRANSFER FILES. So basically I can use my iPad to download and activate a torrent on my computer, then transfer the movie to my iPad - without leaving the couch. Oh, technology, I love you.

Most reactions

Latest posts