Poker on iPad - Best Remote 3G PC App to play on Full Tilt?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Heineken77, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Heineken77

Heineken77 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Guys,

Like the subject says, I know iTeleport and a few other remote desktop apps can allow you to play Full Tilt poker on the ipad by having the poker client run on your PC and control it via a remote connection on your iPad.

Can anyone give some recommendations on what the absolute best iPad app would be to accomplish this in terms of reliability, smooth controls/usability & the possibility of connecting to the PC either via WiFi or 3G. (Maybe the best app with 3G connection in terms of speed)

Thanks!!
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  2. Choza244

Choza244 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I haven't tried playing poker but I can suggest you to try LogMeIn, I have tried both iTeleport and LogMeIn and iTeleport is really slow, LogMeIn is much faster and smoother, the only problem is that it automatically deactivate the aero theme in windows 7, but that's not a big problem I think.

If you are going to try it you have to create an account in their web page and then download the app to your ipad (is a bit expensive by the way) and download another program to your pc, now you just have to log in to your account and it will connect you to your pc.
  3. freebirdforever

freebirdforever iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    EveryAir - designed for gaming

The article mentions WoW specifically, but this is the app I use for remote desktop and its amazingly fast for gaming.
  4. freebirdforever

freebirdforever iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    OH! Forgot to add that right now EveryAir is only 5 bucks on the app store. However, some of the reviews are just idiotic. Just get it. Its worth it. Especially for a poker game that is run in a small browser window. :D
  5. srich123

srich123 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check out Teamviewer

Check out Teamviewer, free download and free app. I have been using it for years and it works great. Free for personal use too. Has plenty of speed even over 3G. Probably cant multi table but its good enough for one.
  6. donka

donka iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    I got Splashtop exclusively to play poker clients on the iPad. It works superbly over Wifi with all sites although I normally stick to PokerStars and if you leave it at default settings and make your client full screen - it scales up nicely to almost fill the entire iPad screen. Refresh rates are very fast which is one of the biggest requirements for me so i don't miss any action and it also carries the audio so you will still get your audio cue when it is your turn to act - great if you are doing something else at the same time.
    I haven't tried this over 3G.
  7. pmagoo

pmagoo iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It looks like using these remote apps might soon become a thing of the past following the release of the first real money iPhone poker app (Article - http://www.pokerroomcompare.com/iphonepoker/Bwin_Launch_First_Real_Money_iPhone_Poker_App_147.php ). The app is only available in the UK so far but it's only a matter of time before Bwin get a US poker app approved.

I think the fact that the Full Tilt poker app was released on Android must have put pressure on Apple to relax their stance on poker apps. Many poker player who were planning to swith to a Samsung or Android table might now hold off and wait to see if a cash game poker app will be approved for iPad users in the United States.

We might have to wait for online poker legistation to pass in the United states first so it still be take some time.
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  8. donka

donka iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Yip, I read that and have been keeping a close eye on this. I know so many poker players who own an iPhone and I'm sure a large number of them have an ipad too or would invest in one for this reason.
  9. vinneybrowne

vinneybrowne iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The iPoker network which is home to Boyle Poker, Titan, Mansion and Bet365 will be releasing an iPhone and iPad compatible app shortly. These poker rooms do not accept players from the U.S. unfortunately : ( Come on Pokerstars and Full Tilt, give us an iPad app!!
  10. donka

donka iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    +1 from me