What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote Access App's!!

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just discovered Wyse Pocket Cloud. Its a confusing name for the best RDP client I have tried so far.

mcbrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just started using LogMeIn and I'm very happy with it. I have not used any others, though. I keep thinking of new ways to use it. I have been using it a lot at work to start print jobs while I am away from my desk. Actually, I am usually away from my desk, so it really is helpful. I was feeding my baby boy this morning before going to work, and I was logged into my work computer. I was able to print off the work orders for the day, which usually takes me 15 minutes or so when I get to work. This allowed me to walk in, pick up the work orders off the printer, and get and early start to my day. It also allows me to use UPS Worldship from the warehouse instead of walking all the way back to my office.

The down side of it is that I really want the wireless Apple keyboard now...

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only reason I don't use logmein is because I have enough servers running on my computer so that the iPad can perform basic functions like streaming video. I still don't understand why it cannot just stream video over SMB, like every other device/phone/computer/gaming console, but whatever. Also have a mobile mouse server running, because apparently the iPad cannot just pair with the computer over bluetooth and act as a keyboard/mouse. Adding logmein on top of that is overkill. I use iTap RDP and Jump for remote access.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score

What's WinAdmin like? No youtube videos and they don't have much of a website.

I found Winadmin to have very good performance. Its doesn't do everything, but its good enough for a lot of remote needs. I wouldnt expect any of these to do You Tube videos.

Wyse Pocket Cloud Does have a browser you can host on the remote PC, but it displays it fullscreen on your iPad as though its running native. It can handle flash, but video is not smooth as to be expected.

My favorite thing about Wyse Pocket Cloud is the mouse function. You get hover, right-click, and "wheel scrolling" like a mouse without a lot of complication. The virtual mouse pointer also is more accurate if you need to be able to tap small things on the screen.

anotherscott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favorite thing about Wyse Pocket Cloud is the mouse function. You get hover, right-click, and "wheel scrolling" like a mouse without a lot of complication. The virtual mouse pointer also is more accurate if you need to be able to tap small things on the screen.

I think iTap has comparable (perhaps better) mouse functions, is a little cheaper, but most importantly, is available for both RDP and VNC. As far as I saw, PocketCloud is only RDP (so it won't work if your computer is a Mac).

Most reactions

Latest posts