What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote access to windows 2003 server

poshpantspaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi we run a windows 2003 sever at work and remote access is permitted. I use remote desktop from my Mac and Jaadu RDP (iPhone only) from my iphone. Are there any apps that I could use from my iPad? Logmein looks good but I think you have to have the client on the server.

Any help would be welcome.

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you looking for access from inside the network or from the public side?

I run Win2003 Server on our company tradeshow equipment and we run our product on the iPad. I immediately put WinAdmin for iPad on all of our show iPads as well as my own. It works well for most things.

I also use Jump and iTap. I don't particularly care for iTap but Jump is very nice. All of them do the job, some quick config or simple changes.

I use LogMeIn for access from the public side.

OP
P

poshpantspaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you looking for access from inside the network or from the public side?

I run Win2003 Server on our company tradeshow equipment and we run our product on the iPad. I immediately put WinAdmin for iPad on all of our show iPads as well as my own. It works well for most things.

I also use Jump and iTap. I don't particularly care for iTap but Jump is very nice. All of them do the job, some quick config or simple changes.

I use LogMeIn for access from the public side.

Hi thanks for the response most helpful. I can't find jump on the app store has it got anything else in the title? downloaded iTap and was able to get in no problem, found it OK. I'm on the public side accessing a very an ip address. I'm just a user of a particular database that's store on a server and not admin or computer tech/IT.

ITap doesn't seem to bad but would love to know what's better about the others. They're pretty expensive apps to buy.

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Search for Jump, it should be the first one. I guess the official name is Jump Desktop.

I like Jump a little better as it seems a little quicker for me. It may have also been the server or wireless setup I had at the NRA Show in Chicago. At one point I found about 45 AP's broadcasting in the area around our booth and I was having trouble finding a good channel. iPad VERY ANGRY that it did not have clear signal.......​

Most reactions

Latest posts