What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

redsnow stops working during jailbreak

ally_mar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks,
Just wondering what I might be doing wrong.
Trying to jailbreak my ipad 4.2.1 with redsnow. Im following the instructions to every detail (from a previous thread on this forum), but when redsnow gets to the "reboot" part, and after my ipad screen flashes white, I get a Windows message telling me that redsnow has stopped working. The harddrive image appears on the ipad (I believe with the message "downloading jailbreak...", and redsnow closes in Windows. And thats as far as I get.

Any advice appreciated..
Cheers.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you are not running it in "XP Compatability Mode". The instructions are clear that you must do this. Otherwise it crashes all the time! :)

OP
A

ally_mar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds to me like you are not running it in "XP Compatability Mode". The instructions are clear that you must do this. Otherwise it crashes all the time! :)

Yep, but it wasn't enough running it in XP Compatabilty mode. Once Redsnow was running I had to open task manager, activate 'show all user processes' at the bottom, right click Redsnow in the processes list, select Affinity and then untick CPU 0.

That resolved the issue.
Woo!

Seriaty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the note on CPU 0 (untick) worked a treat! much appreciated!

Most reactions

Latest posts