What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

redsnow jailbreak... reboot only SOL....?

Rokr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have my ipad jailbroken with redsnow for 4.2.1. Since it's a tethered jailbreak, I keep the batt juiced. However, yesterday I didn't charge it enough and it died. Typically I would just do a reload only via the redsnow files, however, since my usb charger cord doesn't actually charge, i get to the pineapple logo and then it dies immediately. I tried to charge it via the wall charger for a bit so I could reload successfully but now i'm stuck on the apple logo with the loading icon over it (looks like sun rays in a circle). Since it's locked and won't power off, I can't do the redsnow reload until it is off. Which it will only be when it dies again... is there any way around this??? or is there an actual usb cord that will charge via the comp while doing the reload?

Really need this ipad for tomorrow's classes!

Ok, after several nerve wracking attempts, I have successfully rebooted via redsnow. Everything is good now, thanks. Mods, please lock or delete this thread.

Thanks,
Rokr

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just before it gets locked, there some good piece of information from the OP's experience for all the tethered n00bs

The iPad does not NEED to be turned OFF when running redsn0w. It is best practice to do so and the initial jailbreak works best when off, but once you have the situation where the reboot hangs at the Apple logo you might not be able to turn off the iPad.

Don't panic! Just follow the instructions on the redsn0w screen PRETENDING that you had actually turned off your iPad. It will still work!

Lots of users get confused by this as they try (quite rightly) to follow the instructions exactly. In this one case, you don't have to.

Last edited:

Most reactions