What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help to jailbreak..

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I feel so stupid. My iPhone is jail broken but with green poison. Im trying to jailbreak my iPad 1 and red all the instructions, still can't get it. Anyway, iPad is already updated 4.3.2 through latest iTunes. Now I downloaded redsnow and 4.3.2 Ipsw save on desktop. I opened redsnow, clicked browse but I don't see the 4.3.2 to select. Do I need to restore again to the 4.3.2 Ipsw I downloaded using click+restorevin iTunes for redsnow to recognize? What am I doing wrong? I need to jailbreak, thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where did you download the file to? Has your browser renamed it as a ZIP file. This is very common. The filename should end in ipsw, not zip. If it is ZIP then rename it. Don't try and unzip it. You just need to point redsn0w to the location of the file. The only thing that can be wrong is that it is not named something.ipsw.
And yes, redsn0w is 4.3.2 compatible.

OP
H

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I changed the name and it seemed to recognize it. Went on with the process, rebooted but seem to be getting stuck uploading ramdisk and tried it several times. How long should upload the ramdisk? I just kept canceling, any idea? Thanks

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts