What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

recover messages deleted already... is possible?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only way you may be able to get them is if you have a recent backup that contains those messages. If so, you can connect the iPad to iTunes and then, after right-clicking on the iPad line (under devices) select "restore from backup." Do note that doing this will make the iPad just like the backup, so anything you've done on the iPad since the backup will be gone.

Other than that, there is no way to recover deleted information. The iPad has no "Recycle Bin" or Trash. So, once something is deleted, it's pretty much gone forever. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
L

locuaso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mmm, thanks Mickey ;) let me be honest here... my sister is getting in touch with this much older guy, friend of the family. shes just 13. she hides it but I read a couple of messages and i know what i know. I need prove to show my parents or do something. there is a way at least to monitor her Ipad, specially the messages that shes sending or receiving to this guy.. please let me know if you guys know something
I would really appreciate it

KarenFE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very helpful Mickey, thanxx a million.

Say, how about on iPhone4 or 5? Do you think there's a way to recover deleted messages?( Aside from the back up)

One thing, the message sender is not registered to my contact, do you think it's possible?

Thanks agin,

Kalena

Sent from my iPad using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
The only way you may be able to get them is if you have a recent backup that contains those messages. If so, you can connect the iPad to iTunes and then, after right-clicking on the iPad line (under devices) select "restore from backup." Do note that doing this will make the iPad just like the backup, so anything you've done on the iPad since the backup will be gone.

Other than that, there is no way to recover deleted information. The iPad has no "Recycle Bin" or Trash. So, once something is deleted, it's pretty much gone forever. Sorry.

Marilyn

KarenFE said:
Very helpful Mickey, thanxx a million.

Say, how about on iPhone4 or 5? Do you think there's a way to recover deleted messages?( Aside from the back up)

One thing, the message sender is not registered to my contact, do you think it's possible?

Thanks agin,

Kalena

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Unless you previously made a backup of your iPad that contains the deleted messages, they're gone forever. Mickey already answered this question in her post.

KarenFE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very much appreciated Marilyn, thank you very much indeed!

Cheers,

Karen

Most reactions

Latest posts