What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost a complete program!

Dromomaniac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
My 3 year old has deleted 'pages' word processing from my iPad, and I'm hoping to be able to recover a document from in it. Is it possible to recover a deleted program, or have I lost it?
Thanks for any help at all (and please note that I'm a complete techno-doofus)
Cheers,
Dromomaniac

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The app is easily recovered. You just go to the App Store, check for Purchased items, and download it again.

Getting back the document is harder. If you've done a recent sync before the document was lost, and not synced since you can try to restore from a backup. Be sure to save off any documents or pictures that you've taken since that last sync.

First open iTunes (without the iPad connected) go into preferences, the Devices tab, and turn off auto-syncing. While you are there, look at the date of your iPad's backup file. That will tell you whether it's worth going any further, and give you an idea of what you need to copy/save off the iPad so it doesn't get lost in the restore.

If all is set and you are satisfied you are not going to lose anything else important, plug in the iPad. Right click on the iPad under the Devices list in iTunes and choose Restore from Backup.

If you are lucky, you'll get the file back.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for additional lose of content if you give it a try. Good luck.

OP
D

Dromomaniac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much!

Hi Twerppoet,
Thanks very much - maybe even I can follow those instructions! Very, very helpful - I'll give it a go once I've checked that I'm not going to lose anything else.
Cheers Dromomaniac

Most reactions

Latest posts