Reasons why people hate the ipad...debunked

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Bbatelli, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Diane B

Diane B
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    My solution for speakers. I use $7 cables in aux. on all my radios (Sony theater systems use the USB Apple cable and even charge) or other relatively inexpensive cables depending upon what's needed. Our large sound system uses the cable with the red, yellow, white which I can't think of name to save me right now. I should add though, in all honesty, that I hook my Touch rather than the Ipad. I COULD hook the Ipad but since I have other options its just easier to carry the Touch in my pocket to whatever room I'm in and connect (big old house).

Diane

#41 Diane B, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  2. Thphilli

Thphilli
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I do the same thing, but I don't think that is a valid rebuttal to what the original complaint was. Personally I think the speakers on my iPad are pretty fantastic for the size of the iPad. Of course I wouldn't mind Apple throwing in 2 speakers or even 3 like some of the upcoming android tablets so that there is stereo sound no matter how you hold the tablet, but I wouldn't personally even mention speakers as a complaint against the iPad because I think they are perfectly acceptable how they are.

3. Demandarin

Demandarin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I've been stated I hate iTunes. My sole reason for jail braking was to get Ifiles. I no longer need iTunes except to backup or update iOS. Aything other thn that ifiles takes care of it, ALL WITHIN THE IPAD ITSELF, NOT CHAINED TO PC ITUNES..lmao

Sent from my Jailbroken IPad on 4.2.1 ;-)

4. Thphilli

Thphilli
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Say you download an album from some website or a video from some website, how do you integrate it with the iPod app or the videos app without iTunes? Sure you can just use ifiles to launch a third party app, but that is annoying.

5. Demandarin

Demandarin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    iPad speakers are good IMO. Just wanted to say I liked your other posts in this thread. I'm the same way. I like being a master of multiple OS's. Not just one or the other. U can give me an android device I've never used b4 and I'll navigate like I've always had it. Same with apple and windows devices. People just talk of Android n Apple for the moment but watch, I bet Microsoft comes with something that's gonna change the game up again ;-) people forgetting most pcs on this planet run their operating system. That kind of influence and power can't be ignored, regardless if they have a tablet out now or not. New microsoft tablet probably gonna have Kinect technology in it. Forget touchpad or having to touch screen, gonna be completely handsfree use ;-)

6. Demandarin

Demandarin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Easy..lol..just take that file in ifiles, cut/paste into appropriate app or document folder of 3rd party media player and BAM! I'm done. Trust me, I do it all the time...iPod app has no use for me as I don't put music on my iPad. All streaming services like Pandora, tune mark, etc.. Even if I wanted to, I could easily cut/paste mp3's where they need to go. Anywhere I'm at with out needing iTunes.

7. Demandarin

Demandarin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Same thing with being Jailbroken, having ifiles, and camera connection kit. Standard iPad only sees supported formats for photos n vids. With Ifiles, I can see "Everything" on my SD card or USB drive. Then I can use ifiles to
    Lace the files wherever the format is supported at on my iPad .

8. Thphilli

Thphilli
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    No, I know. I do the same. All I am saying is that its annoying to do that instead of having iOS automatically recognize that there is a new album and integrate it into the iPod app automagically.

9. Demandarin

Demandarin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ok, I see where u coming from now. That is assuming the iPad supports that format. If it doesn't then u would need to find another workaround like ifiles, for ex. If apple would just support all major formats, whether vids, music, or whatever, I wouldn't need to jailbreak to free me from the reins of apple constraints.. Just like how apple changed the voltage on the USB output for CCK. They saw too many people doing and using it for too many good reasons and reduced the voltage to only mostly support apple accessories. Now that blows. Regardless of Apples constraints, they have a great product here, in the form of iPad, that I can hardly ever put down. I use it that much for practically everything.

10. DaveSt

DaveSt
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I know three actually, but they obviously don't spend much time surfing iPad forums. :) Having used three different Android tablets I can't say I have found any of them superior to the iPad, but at the same time they aren't nearly as bad as most iPad users tend to believe.