Reasons why people hate the ipad...debunked

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Bbatelli, Apr 1, 2011.

1. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    I totally agree with this! iTunes tends not to play nice with me.:(

iTunes is not a great application. Having to let the iPad sync for 5 hours because it must make a backup every time you plug it in is moronic. Not being able to load music into the ipod application in any way other than through itunes is ridiculous. Requiring a sync to a computer to load movies into the videos application is ridiculous.

2. Thphilli

Thphilli
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    There are many things that Android tablets do much better than the iPad. Everytime someone tries to explain what those are though, they have to deal with a bunch of people losing their minds and either making things up or playing super Apple fanboy and dismissing the positives as unimportant. And then come the in the Super Moderators who are REALLY invested in a particular platform ans say some REALLY untrue things. And then the thread is closed when you rebut their misinformation.

Love my iPad, but its certainly not a perfect device.

3. Thphilli

Thphilli
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I am hoping they fix that in iOS 5.

4. graywolf

graywolf
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    +1 for me. I HATE ITUNES!!!! Especially on windows, it is just so slow.

5. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    That would be quite a lot of fixing, right?

6. Bbatelli

Bbatelli
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    As I said there may be a lot of things you want to do with the ipad but we are all living with the limitations.

However, do you think there will be a better alternative? I hope there can be but as long as the PC manufacturers keep saying the tablet is a fad since they cannot come up with something to compete, there never will be.

By they way the open Android platform will be going away soon. Google is trying to lock it down.

Also, please let me know if there is a website that has flash does not automatically convert to HTML5 to work on an ipad. I have not had any issues in about a month now. Also, why would you want to only store your photos on the ipad and not back up on the PC?

7. Thphilli

Thphilli
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Not necessarily. If they made iTunes exist purely in the cloud, then you could upload media to it from anywhere, including the iPad. Then you could sync the ipad with itunes wirelessly and you would be set.

8. Tinman

Tinman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Yes, on Windows.... it truly is an out-of-control beast. And God-forbid you have MobileMe sync running. It consistently, and for no known reason, decides to grab half of the CPU utilization ("com.apple.DotMacSync.client.exe").

Yet on my Macs? Still an overgrown "app" but it loads faster, consumes far fewer CPU cycles, responds faster, and uses less memory. Had my only exposure to iTunes been on Macs I'd probably dislike it a lot less.

Michael

#28 Tinman, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  9. Mountainbikermark

Mountainbikermark
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    +2

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from my Incpad

10. Thphilli

Thphilli
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Android platform is not getting locked down. Google is only enforcing a non fragmentation clause that has existed for a while but never been enforced. They are simply requiring that OEM's not modify major system files so that when an update comes out the OEM's are able to port their customizations easier and allow the consumer to receive the update quicker. Its pretty much good for everyone.

And yea, there are lots of videos that don't automatically convert to HTML5. CNN embeds dont work, as they are flash. MSNBC embeds dont work, as they are flash. Some youtube videos are flash. There is a LOT of flash video that is just not watchable. SouthPark Studios website doesn't convert to HTML5. A majority of video is flash. It may stink, but its reality.

And its not about only storing your photos on your ipad. If you are your grandparents house and take some photos for example, its much easier to just load them up to your iPad and show them off that way instead of having them look at the 2" LCD on your camera. Maybe some wouldn't need the feature, but it would be nice to have.