What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really need help with Ipad problem with the Wi-Fi

Reaction score
gjunki said:
ooh ok thats pretty neat. So i see mostly there are 6 and 5's so i should change to something different in my router menu? i picked 11 now do i leave HT channel on 7 HT data rate auto, HT bandwidth 20/40, and HT guard on auto? and wireless mode on mixed 11b/g/n right?

This is just a thought, but mixed speed modes can easily cause trouble. Ideally you would set it to either g or n, instead of mixed. Preferably n, if your laptop and blackberry support 802.11n, only the latest blackberry bold/torch does though.

OP
G

gjunki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gjunki said:
ooh ok thats pretty neat. So i see mostly there are 6 and 5's so i should change to something different in my router menu? i picked 11 now do i leave HT channel on 7 HT data rate auto, HT bandwidth 20/40, and HT guard on auto? and wireless mode on mixed 11b/g/n right?

This is just a thought, but mixed speed modes can easily cause trouble. Ideally you would set it to either g or n, instead of mixed. Preferably n, if your laptop and blackberry support 802.11n, only the latest blackberry bold/torch does though.

So basically i want to keep everything else the same but now change the wireless mode to n, the ipad is compatible with this right and most laptops and desktops? and now i can change my channel to anything and everything should run smoothly right?

Reaction score
gjunki said:
So basically i want to keep everything else the same but now change the wireless mode to n, the ipad is compatible with this right and most laptops and desktops? and now i can change my channel to anything and everything should run smoothly right?

The channel should still be changed to some unused one.

But yes, if your laptop supports n, than set it to n, the iPad definitely does support it. I don't know which blackberry you have, only the newer models support 802.11n, so you might want to check, whether it supports it.

Or just see, if changing the channel was enough. The problem may already have been solved. But it not, then setting a fixed speed will definitely be something to look at.

OP
G

gjunki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gjunki said:

The channel should still be changed to some unused one.

But yes, if your laptop supports n, than set it to n, the iPad definitely does support it. I don't know which blackberry you have, only the newer models support 802.11n, so you might want to check, whether it supports it.

Or just see, if changing the channel was enough. The problem may already have been solved. But it not, then setting a fixed speed will definitely be something to look at.

Well thanks a lot for ur help could i have ur email for further inquiries?

Most reactions

Latest posts