What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Solved wi-fi home connection problem

Mark29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hopefully this helps someone else. I have posts in other threads about my issues connecting to wi-fi at home.

I logged in to my router, and at first just disabled the security. The iPad2 connected to the internet, no problem. It was using WEP, and I understand WPA2 is supposed to be more secure so re-enabled security with that instead.

Entered the new password into the iPad, and bingo! Problem solved. Apparently the iPad doesn't like WEP security. No matter what I did when the WEP security was enabled it would not connect nor would it hold the proper IP address.

I've already had it connect to 2 different public wi-fi spots so for now all is good.

What I have not done yet is upgrade the firmware - right now it's on 4.3.3, though iTunes has already indicated 4.3.5 is available. I'm ascared to update it now, LOL.

Mark

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mark29 said:
Hopefully this helps someone else. I have posts in other threads about my issues connecting to wi-fi at home.

I logged in to my router, and at first just disabled the security. The iPad2 connected to the internet, no problem. It was using WEP, and I understand WPA2 is supposed to be more secure so re-enabled security with that instead.

Entered the new password into the iPad, and bingo! Problem solved. Apparently the iPad doesn't like WEP security. No matter what I did when the WEP security was enabled it would not connect nor would it hold the proper IP address.

I've already had it connect to 2 different public wi-fi spots so for now all is good.

What I have not done yet is upgrade the firmware - right now it's on 4.3.3, though iTunes has already indicated 4.3.5 is available. I'm ascared to update it now, LOL.

Mark

Thanks for letting us know how you did that mark.

Most reactions

Latest posts