What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Really frustrated

Corwar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the last update, when I play music, it will play for a little while then out of nowhere just stop! And it's not just iTunes it's with videos from the Internet as well. Someone please help!!!

OP
C

Corwar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can hear through the headphones just fine, but when I unplug it from the iPad it will not play.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you A) restarted playback? Pulling headphones will automatically stop playback. B) checked volume. Speakers and headphones have independent volumes.

Try removing headphones and turning volume up. Could be muted speakers.

OP
C

Corwar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes when I pull headphones off I press play, and the music will be playing but no sound and my headphones don't have independent volume

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad volume controls actually control 4 different volumes. Headphones, Bluetooth, speaker and sound effects. Which one you are controlling depends on the mode you are in at the time. If you have headphones attached, volume controls headphones, pull them out and it controls speaker, attach Bluetooth and it controls that. Switch on sound effects in settings and it controls that. It's quite a bit of work for one rocker switch.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
C

Corwar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok but when I unplug my headphones there is still no sound even though the music was just playing through them.

OP
C

Corwar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just like right now I just unplugged headphone and it works fine(music coming from iPad itself)-but it just stops. Then when I plug them in it starts again. So confused!!!!!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK. This may sound drastic, but it won't erase anything, and could work.

Settings/General/Reset/Reset All Settings.

Give that a try and see if it works.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok but when I unplug my headphones there is still no sound even though the music was just playing through them.

Please do the following.

Remove headphones.

Look at the slider switch just above the volume rocker on the side of the iPad. If you see an orange dot, slide the switch to the opposite position so that it no longer is visible.

Double click the home button. Swipe your finger at the bottom of the screen from the left side to the right side once. On the bottom right half of the screen is a volume slider, just left of the music symbol, slide that slider to the furthest point to the right so the gray button is next to the music symbol.

Can you now hear the music?

If yes, done. If the answer is no, is it because the slider next to the music symbol is not available for adjustment?

If yes, then you have possible water damage to the 30 pin connector. If no, then you possibly have a defective iPad or a bad iOS install.

OP
C

Corwar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's working currently...not gonna mess with it :p thanks for all your advise everybody!!!

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I use my cable companies app and take out my ear buds jack the screen freezes. This happened with my iPad 1 and it still happens with my new iPad 4. I never understood what would cause this to happen.

☮♥

Most reactions

Latest posts