What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help Cant Update Ipad

celinedion1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well i've been trying since yesterday to update my ipad. However each time when I get a little ways into the download a message pops up telling me that the connection has timed out. I have really slow DSL internet (speed 416 outgoing, 500ish incoming) and am thinking that may be one of the issues. My firewall is set to allow itunes. Im unable to turn off my antivirus and firewall because since I have really slow internet it says that the download time is 7 hours. So I dont want to have my anti virus and firewall down for 7 hours. Is there anyway to get the update without downloading it from itunes? Does anyone know what might be causing the constant timing out issue while trying to update my ipad from itunes? One last thing I'm not really technical....

Much help will be appreciated, thank you

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well ~ I am probably as technical as you.:eek: But do you have the latest version of iTunes?

Also ~ I think you can get the update at the Apple site!

jamesrgarrett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a different computer

Maybe you can accesa computer at work or something. I got on my daughter's netbook and, using a wifi connection to my DSL, it loaded in just over an hour. Jim

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't think of this before ~ but you could call your local Apple store. When I got my iPad, I was on the phone for three days after, asking for the same guy that sold me it.

He was awesome! Answered all my dumb questions!:eek:

Most reactions