Quick Response needed!!

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by mls1, Mar 22, 2012.

1. mls1

mls1 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys, i have my ipad 2 currently on 5.0.1 jailbreak and unfortunately my screen has cracked and needs repaired/replaced, so i am going into the local apple store tomorrow to see what I can do. Now they may take it in for repair or send me out a brand new replacement. The question I am asking is do I have to restore my ipad 2 to factory default before I go to the apple store, as it is the screen being repaired and having a passcode there would be really no way for apple to gain access to my board and see all the tweeks etc?
  2. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +635 / 0
    Unlikely the will repair it from my experience. They will usually swap units. In that case they usually ask you to unlock the device and perform a "reset all contents and settings". That is a bad thing for a jailbroken device, and whilst the folks in the Glasgow store are good, they are not all jailbreak friendly.
    You don't want to be refused service for having a jailbroken device, I assume? My advice is backup everything you need and restore to stock, but the choice is yours :)
    Good luck!