What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quick Poll: New iPad Feedback

Your New iPad Feedback

• Yay! Best thing since......iPad 2 :)

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • So-so. It's OK.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • DIsappointed :(

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Planning on getting one soon

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • New iPad is not for me

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ruthie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had the original iPad before so the difference is amazing!

However, I'm really not happy that it was advertised as a 32gb, but in my settings it says it's got 28gb of space, so where has the other 4gb gone?

Can I sue Apple under the Trade Descriptions Act?

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ruthie said:

However, I'm really not happy that it was advertised as a 32gb, but in my settings it says it's got 28gb of space, so where has the other 4gb gone?

I did the same, went from iPad 1 to this one, mine is 32g as well. I think the rest of the GB must be used by iPad.

ooney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very clear picture better than the iPad 2 Love dictation but I don't know if it was worth the upgrade for my iPad 2 the new iPad. Apple is asking for a lot of money for these iPads.

It would've been better if they made the new iPad at least look different than the iPad 2.

But all in all I am happy with this new iPad

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ruthie said:

This is normal with anything with internal memory... It uses that extra memory for future updates, BIOs etc.... So you will never get the full 32gb for personal use.

MarbellaSD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the same, went from iPad 1 to this one, mine is 32g as well. I think the rest of the GB must be used by iPad.

It is used by the system. I think. If you look at usage on your original 16G iPad, you will see that it has about 13.6G (if my memory is correct) available for your apps, pics, etc. So all iPads have less capacity than stated.

Daylife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MarbellaSD said:
It is used by the system. I think. If you look at usage on your original 16G iPad, you will see that it has about 13.6G (if my memory is correct) available for your apps, pics, etc. So all iPads have less capacity than stated.

It's everything with internal memory, same thin with the PSP GO, and external hard drives.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my new iPad. It's my first one, although I have played around with friend's devices. I read somewhere that the new screen resolution made text much crisper and easier to read. I can definitely say that I can read much smaller text on the screen than I normally can. It's much more clear than the two android tablets I had prior.

I am just starting to figure out what I can do, but I'm looking forward to a long and happy relationship with my new iPad. Oh, the keyboard is much easier to use, as well.

Jones_jt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's just amazing, I have iPad 1 as well and the difference is just unbelievable - cant see any other tablet getting even close for the next few years.

Most reactions

Latest posts