What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Putting jpegs in alpha order

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have many song charts on my ipad 2 with lyrics and have all of them in jpeg format. The file is named based on the name of the song so that it will be in alphabetical order and easy to find. As I add new song charts, they show up fine in the photo section.
Lately, the new files I added are at the very end and are not in alpha order. I've tried removing that folder and then syncing, adding it back and syncing again but it still shows them dead last.
How can I force them to stay in alpha order? All the earlier files seemed to do this on their own.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can only sort by the creation date in the Photos app. Your previous order was probably a coincidence of you having started at the beginning of the alphabet when creating them.

If you have GoodReader consider storing them there instead. It will sort by alphabetical order, and offer you folder organization as well. You can also save the files as PDF instead of jpeg, which may be easier to view, and you can annotate them if you want to make notes about the songs.

Most reactions

Latest posts