What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping files in alpha order

Beerman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have about 250 song charts in jpeg that I take with me when I go to simple little gigs so that others that want to play along, can see the words and chords. I have all the files named from the song name and the letters of the alphabet as a large jpeg so that I and search quicker.

When I first added them, they were in alpha order but now when I add more songs, they either end up at the very beginning or the very end. I can't understand why. Nor can I force them to go into alphabetical order. I've tried removing them all and adding them together but that didn't work.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Are you using the Photos app to view them? If so, its only option is to order things according to their creation date. If they were in order originally, it's probably because you created the files in alphabetical order.

There are several other app you could use to store and order your files. GoodReader is versatile, and will order files by name, date, or size.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

I know there are several app in the store specifically made for sheet music. You might do a search and see what extra features they offer.

Most reactions

Latest posts