Proud owner of an iPad mini

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by ardchoille, Dec 1, 2012.

1. ardchoille

ardchoille
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Hey, nice! I also need to see if the Apple wireless keyboard and magic mouse work with this device.. I could end up with a mini netbook :)

2. skimonkey

skimonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Good for you, Ard! Enjoy your iPad mini!!:)

3. ardchoille

ardchoille
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I just realized you can split the keyboard, found it accidentally. This thing keeps impressing me, I'm already getting better at thumb typing without having to look at the keyboard at all.

Attached Files:

#13 ardchoille, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  4. KevinJS

KevinJS
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The BT keyboard works; the mouse doesn't. There is a way of doing it, but it involves jailbreaking.

Also, using the split keyboard, if you touch the screen off the edge of the split, you can access the 3 keys from the other part, so touching the screen to the right of the T key will give you a Y.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

#14 KevinJS, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  5. xTyler

xTyler
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I love my iPad mini. The device is so elegant in so many ways... I have a white/sliver mini and it runs so smooth and quality pops out at me while I play games, search the web, and other things (NO RETINA DISPLAY). Go Buy one!!!! WORTH IT.

6. ardchoille

ardchoille
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I'll have to buy the wireless keyboard. The fact that the Magic Mouse doesn't work tells me that the iPad mini doesn't support a cursor, but that's fine.

Thanks for the tip about touching the screen outside of the split, that's a very nice feature.

7. xTyler

xTyler
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hey Man let me know how the wireless keyboard is when you purchase one.
    Be completely honest about your thoughts and opinions about the keyboard.
    Because I will take your thoughts and opinions in account if I decide to get one or not.

Thanks,
    xTyler

Sent from my iPad Mini

8. ardchoille

ardchoille
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Will do :)

9. xTyler

xTyler
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The iPad Mini I believe will make more sales than the iPad 4, several reasons being the price is not that outrageous, the device is more portable (fits in hoodie pocket), and the quality is rich without the retina display. So far from what I've heard on the news and seen that the iPad Mini is selling faster and have made more sales than the iPad 4 and that's incredible. I've had my iPad mini for little over a week now and I still can't put it down... I enjoy developing new wallpapers from apps that are free from the AppStore and I'm impressed with the quality and all the apps I've installed so far. So if your deciding what you should get (iPad Mini or iPad 4 or any other lower versions of iPad) I would strongly suggest that you review all devices to fit your personal needs.

Sent from my iPad Mini

10. ardchoille

ardchoille
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Agreed. I was actually shopping for an iPad 3 just before the mini was announced and I'm glad I waited.. I think the 3 would have been too big for my needs. And, I don't notice the lack of retina at all.