What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos 4S to iPad Mini

NoelL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy New Year Boardies.
I am the proud owner of a 4S and an iPad mini (neither jail broken).
During the holidays I took a lot of photos on my 4S and want to have them on my mini as well.
Question: how do I perform this magic plz?
Thanks in anticipation of a non-technical response.
Sincerely ... N..

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Turn on photostream on both devices and make sure they are on the same wifi network.

OP
N

NoelL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gosh. Thanks a lot. They have been added from Mini to 4s just now. Now, how/when will they go from 4s to mini? Thx. N.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Bump app or Apple Camera Connection Kit because I like to choose which photos to share on devices, rather than sharing en masse. Bump also works across platforms. The CCK and Bump work instantly.

OP
N

NoelL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments. Appreciated. Noel.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Turn on photostream on both devices and make sure they are on the same wifi network.

Doesn't the regular photo stream just upload the newest pictures?

I'd do a shared photo stream instead to manually send what you want.

-On your 4s, go to your pictures, click the edit button and select all the pictures you want to send to the mini.
-Now click on the "share" button at the top right of the screen and select photo stream.
-Create a new photo stream, name it, and in the "To:" section put the email of the apple ID you use on the mini.
-On the iPad mini, you should get a notification that someone is trying to share a photo stream, accept it.
-And TADA! All the photos you selected should be on there, and in the future, you can just keep adding pictures to the same photo stream. (It might take a while depending on how many pictures you have - make sure you are on a wifi network to make the process go faster and not use up your data.
-All these are still saved in the photo stream only though, to save them to your iPad, go to the photo app on the iPad, click the photo stream tab, and open the folder with the 4s pictures.
-Click edit and select all the pictures, then click the share button at the top right and select "save to camera roll"

Now those 4s pics should be on the iPads cameras roll

Mobilearts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app called PhotoShare will transfer pix via Bluetooth . You must have the app on both devices. There is a free and paid version. No wifi required

Most reactions

Latest posts