What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

proper email app for google mail?

danx55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys

is there one? ive been searching but can only find web front end type apps.
i actually hate the stock gmail threaded mail style and just want a regular looking email app :/

cheers
dan

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
what do you mean by 'proper'? What features are you after in the app, that you cant get with the in built mail app?

OP
D

danx55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi
no the ipad app is fine for me, but this is a shared pad, so i would prefer my mail running through a separate app if possible. so an app like the stock one's features would be cool
cheers
dan

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What features are you after in the app, that you cant get with the in built mail app

Built in mail does not allow rich text formatting in email. Safari does not support content edit - so you can't use web version either.

Can't imagine such a basic feature has been omitted!

PS: I know using paid 3rd pary apps one can send HTML mails, but that's not the point. This basic feature should have been included in Mail app.

Reaction score
Ibismail is an email app, which works similar to the standard mail app, in the sense that it is an independent app, instead of just showing the webmail page. However, the reviews are quite mixed. So it may not be worth spending 5£ on it.

OP
D

danx55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What features are you after in the app, that you cant get with the in built mail app

Built in mail does not allow rich text formatting in email. Safari does not support content edit - so you can't use web version either.

Can't imagine such a basic feature has been omitted!

PS: I know using paid 3rd pary apps one can send HTML mails, but that's not the point. This basic feature should have been included in Mail app.

hi. what app are you using?
cheers
dan

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I purchased Altamail off AppStore and am very pleased with it. The main reason I purchased it because it has a password protection for people who want to be in your business.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts