What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeing the "All Mail" folder of gmail email accounts in Mail app

iank131

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why can't I see the "All Mail" folder of all my gmail accounts when using the iPad Mail app? I can see some of them, but not all. The reason to look at this folder is sometimes I have to read emails that I have inadvertently archived. I realise that I can always look for archived emails in the "All Mail" folder in gmail itself through a regular web browser, but my question is why can I see the "All Mail" folder (and hence read archived emails) in the Mail app for some gmail accounts and not others?

If this is not clear, here I explain more... I have several free gmail accounts and my university email account, which is actually a gmail driven email account. I manage my emails using the iPad Mail app. When I open the mail app, in the top half of the left column, i see the Inboxes, while on the bottom half there are the Accounts of the mailboxes. In the Accounts part, when I tap on the free gmail accounts, I can see the "All Mail" folder as one of the several folders in the account, but when I tap on my university (gmail driven) account, there is no such "All Mail" folder. Why is this?

Thanks for any help given!
Ian.

RiniC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also having a nightmare with this. The archive button had no explanation
Or warning, I accidentally pressed it and now can't find the mail. I have gone into settings and turned off the archive setting but i still cannot find the mails. I have been searching the web for a decent answer but all they say is i need to find the "all mail" folder. What do i do if there IS no such folder on my mail app?? Its driving me crazy. Thank you.

Most reactions

Latest posts