What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problems with doing a factory reboot/reset on tethered jealbroken ipad.

thanjim03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there i have a jealbroken ipad on version 4.3.5 (8L1). i jailbroke my ipad around a year ago. i want to get rid of it now as it is a tethered jailbreak and it is just irritating. I'v put my ipad into DFU mode, changed some settings in notepad so that it is if i am apparently an apple administrator. However i still cant do a factory reboot via itunes i keep getting an unknown error (3194). Sometimes i may get a different error. I hope there are some fresh answers. As i haven't found any that worked for me from any searches iv done. I used Redsn0w software to do the tethered jealbreak.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there i have a jealbroken ipad on version 4.3.5 (8L1). i jailbroke my ipad around a year ago. i want to get rid of it now as it is a tethered jailbreak and it is just irritating. I'v put my ipad into DFU mode, changed some settings in notepad so that it is if i am apparently an apple administrator. However i still cant do a factory reboot via itunes i keep getting an unknown error (3194). Sometimes i may get a different error. I hope there are some fresh answers. As i haven't found any that worked for me from any searches iv done. I used Redsn0w software to do the tethered jealbreak.

Thanks.

What version of iPad do you have (iPad1 or 2) and what iOS version are you trying to restore onto the iPad? If you want to restore to any other version of iOS than the current one, you will need to have SHSH blobs saved for that version. And, depending on the iPad you have - it still may not be possible to install an older iOS.

If you want to restore to iOS 5.1.1, stock, have a look at this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

If followed exactly, you should end up with a stock iPad running iOS 5.1.1...

Marilyn

OP
T

thanjim03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah its a iPad1, I'm trying to just restore to the latest version and get errors. I will have a look at that thread you attached later today hopefully. Thanks for your help I will get back to you again soon.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The error you are receiving is because you are trying to restore a version of IOS which Apple is not signing any more, or you are blocking communication to their servers becasue you have used TinyUmbrella or changed your PC's hosts file.

Either way, the tutorial Marilyn linked you to above will resolve this error (3194) if you follow all the steps (step 2 is specifically written to correct this issue).

At the end, you will have IOS 5.1.1 installed. You can then choose to re-jailbreak it if you wish. The jailbreak for IOS 5.1.1 is fully untethered, so you won't have any of the tethered hassle you have with 4.3.5, which is very old now.

Good luck!

OP
T

thanjim03

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wooooooooooooooooot =))))))))))))).!!! I managed to do the factory restore so am on the latest version.

Thank-you both of you guys. I think the main problem was that i changed the pc host files in the past i just had to delete the gs apple part, and upgrade to the latest itunes. Man im so glad i was getting so depressed about it lol as i thought id never get rid of the jealbreak and be stuck on that old version. Anyway thank you thank you.!! Take care guys.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts