What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad stuck at apple logo and dock connector problem

spygrad2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad that I've had for several months now. It's been jailbroken since I got it. However, last night I went to plug it into my wall next to my bed to charge and it didn't recognize being plugged in. I brought it out and tried the connector plugged into my computer and iTunes won't recognize it.

I tried my iTouch with both cables and they work fine. Reading some of the forums in here I figured I would try a reboot. However, now I'm stuck at the Apple logo. I read further about using redsn0w and using the "just boot tethered" option. However, since my iPad dock connector seems to be having issues, it won't recognize my iPad in DFU mode (and I've had it in DFU mode plenty of times so I know I'm doing it right).

My problem is, if it's a faulty connector, since I'm jailbroken and can't get in to do a factory reset, am I screwed? This is a hefty investment to lose out on.

Any help would be awesome. Even if someone can recommend a quick fix for the connector just so I can do a factory reboot. Also, I live a good 3 or 4 hours from the nearest Apple store, so swinging it in isn't really an option.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might wanna post this in the Hacking Section, with regards to JB, since your iPad is JB.

Might get quicker responses. I bet though it is not bricked. If all else fails, you would be instructed to remove all signs of JB and return to the Apple Store for a new one.

And that ~ that would be worth a nice road trip, yes?

Good Luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts