What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems authorizing my payment method because of where I live.

That1GuyG35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I searched the topic and didn't find anything like my situation. I'm sure I'm not the only one, but most likely am.

So I'm stationed in Afghanistan for the next year. I just got an iPad and wanted to get it set up so I could buy apps and stuff from the app store.

Well, I figured out that Apple doesnt like IP addresses from this region. I had my brother update my account back in the states with the CC I plan on using, that took fine. Now, when I get in the app store on the iPad it wants me to verify payment and put in my security code (back of the card) before I download anything, even a free app. When I do this, it declines the transaction.

Any thoughts of getting around this? I'm thinking an itunes store card will be my only alternative. Oh well, if it works that's fine. Just wanted to do it this way because that's how I have always done it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I may be able to help regard the iTunes card I suggest your brother buys the cards and email the redemption code. Make sure you have a USA address and email
Regards col

Most reactions

Latest posts