1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Payment method

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Tech271, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Tech271

Tech271 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi can anyone help i just went to update my facebook app on the ipad and got this message "There is a billing problem with a previous item please update your payment method" I haven't bought any items lately that I can think off and have tried reinserting my card details but it still won't work.

I've tried downloading a free game and it does the same so I'm unable to put anything onto my iPad

Thanks Davy
  2. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,632 / 1
    There are three options why this could appear:

- There really is an unpaid purchase somewhere. The best way to find that out would be to call support.
    - Your card is blocked by your bank. So you should contact your bank, too.
    - You use a debit card. They aren't accepted as payment method any more, afaik.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  3. jgelety

jgelety iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Debt cards are still able to be used. I have 2 iPhones & 3 iPads all linked to 2 different debt cards. Another possibility is the card is blocked by Apple. I had an issue a year ago or so where someone got my iTunes account info. They logged into their device and did $50 in IAP's. I called Apple and they reversed the charges. But by doing so they also banned that card from being used again. They said it was for security reasons but I never understood because if I have your iTunes info it doesn't matter if I have your card number. I only need the email & password. So no matter what card would be attached I could still charge you. End result was I needed to replace my card attached to the account and improve my password. So I'd check with them too or try to replace the card with a different one to see if that works.
  4. Tech271

Tech271 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi folks my apologies it was an in app purchase that had been made that I was unaware off just needed to top the card up and it took it and was all working again ,I've now switched them off so it won't happen again
  5. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,632 / 1
    I'm glad you found out what was causing your problem.