What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck with App Store/iTunes (invalid payment, declined credit card etc)

audreyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a right place to post this, but anyway...

Last night App Store suddenly notified me, that I have some problems with my credit card, and security code is invalid (which it wasn't). I googled it, and found out that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I got the security code working through Apple.com, but then Store told me that there's been a problem with my earlier payment and my credit card has been declined, and I have to choose another paying method. I checked my iTunes purchase history, and found out that my earlier payment haven't been charged from my credit card - propably because of "invalid security code"-problem, it was unable to confirm the payment.

Another option is to pay the pending amount with iTunes gift card. Well, at least here in Finland you can only pay them with credit card - and because the credit card linked to my account has been declined, I can't buy one. I have a gift card to US Store, but I'm unable to change the country of my account, before I have taken care on pending payment.

So, I'm kind of screwed and stuck ;) Starting to get sick of this, especially since App Store won't let me load any free apps either.
Tips, anyone?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You may have to open another credit card account and use the new credit card to purchase items from iTunes and the AppStore.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Frankly, if your card and security numbers are valid and apple takes your kind of card, then the problem is likely with apple and not you. Did you contact them and talk to a real person?

I assume your card doesn't have restrictions paying to a US based company, right? Did you contact your card company to see if they somehow are restricting payments to the US? Scifan may be correct that you may need to make other arrangements, but I think it would be worth your while to find out the real reason for doing this, as it may impact you again in the future.

OP
A

audreyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have contacted Apple Support via email, but they haven't replied yet.

Most reactions

Latest posts