What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with 5-row keyboard - Show only 1 half row.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I decided to get the 5-row application from Cydia.
Made a quick search, found more then 10 entries.
Selected one of them and downloaded (Didn't get any prompt for payment !?!?)
Got the application.
Activated it through Winterboard application.
Went to setup and defined a new 5 row keyboard.
Problem is that it will show only half a row instead of 5row.
See the attached picture.

What am I missing here ?
Where are all the letters ?

Attachments

• 5row.jpg
    5row.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 333

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think you actually have "5-Row Keyboard for iPad" installed. That's the exact name of the Cydia tweak for our iPads.

I think you got the iPhone tweak, the one with iKeyExtender. It has nothing to do with 5-Row.

Once you get 5-Row Keyboard for iPad, then you can (1) activate it in Winterboard (will require a respring) and then (2) go to General > Keyboard > International Keyboards > English ... to activate it.

Good luck!

OP
peled

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think you actually have "5-Row Keyboard for iPad" installed. That's the exact name of the Cydia tweak for our iPads.

I think you got the iPhone tweak, the one with iKeyExtender. It has nothing to do with 5-Row.

Once you get 5-Row Keyboard for iPad, then you can (1) activate it in Winterboard (will require a respring) and then (2) go to General > Keyboard > International Keyboards > English ... to activate it.

Good luck!
So what is the actual application name for iPAD ?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's called "5-Row Keyboard for iPad" and if it did not prompt you to pay for it then you have probably downloaded if from a repo which is not the official one. The line in Cydia is coloured blue for paid apps. You need to be using the official paid version and ensure it is the right device version to be sure it will work correctly.

Hope that helps.

OP
peled

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I was looking for a way to uninstall the 5 row keyboard that didn't work, and couldn't figure how to do that, since it is not a real application that can be removed with "cydelete".
So I purchased the blue $3 one, and installed it .
Everything came up OK. Probably over written the previous "no good one".
I am Happy with that application. Wish there was one foe Hebrew as well..

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some items you get from Cydia are tweaks and they don't come with an icon. So, CyDelete won't work on them (nothing to touch and wiggle).

But, they are still installed and a different version doesn't overwrite it, AFAIK.

All that to say that your initial 5-row keyboard tweak (the one that didn't work) is probably still on your iPad and really needs to come off, TBH.

To delete tweaks with no icons: Go to the Installed tab in Cydia. Locate the tweak you wish to delete and select it (in this case, especially, peled, make sure you pick the one you don't want - as they'll look similar).

The description of the tweak should open and you will see a gray "Modify" button in the top upper right. Press the button and then select "Remove." When the pop-up appears, select the blue "Confirm" button. After a bit, the iPad should tell you to reboot, respring or press the button to return to Cydia. Regardless of what it says, when you see that - the tweak has been uninstalled.

This is the procedure for any app/tweak you get from Cydia (you can even use it for the ones that could be deleted with CyDelete).

And - a final note. Yay that you got 5-Row to working. Pretty cool, isn't it?

Marilyn

ssemmel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5 row keyboard

I have been using the 5 row keyboard and it has been great. I just downloaded the themeit app for ipad and the keyboard does not work. The developer said it is not their app. This is the only application I can't see the keyboard. Why would it not work for just one application? Any help would be appreciated.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe because themeit is such a new thing for the iPad (and iPhone, iPod, etc.) that the coding to make 5-Row keyboard work doesn't work with that app?

That's the only explanation I can think of (I don't have the themeit app). Maybe if you write the developer of the 5-Row Keyboard?

Sometimes, too, stuff is just a bit "hinky" when you start talking about the differences between the iPad and the iPhone. What works on one doesn't work on the other and vice versa. Do you know of anyone who has a jailbroke iPhone and the 5-Row Keyboard and the themeit app? If so, see how their set-up works. It may be just that the iPad is slightly bit different.

All that to say I don't know. My only suggestion is to turn off the 5-row keyboard before you access the themeit app. Not the best solution, I know, but the only one I can think of... Sorry.

Marilyn

ssemmel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I did contact the 5 row keyboard developer. Both point fingers at each other ... :(

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
will it matter if 5row is placed at the top of the winterboard list, followed by themeIt?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try it to see what happens?

If that doesn't work, you'll just have to decide which you want - themeit or 5-Row Keyboard. Because it sounds as if they aren't going to "play nicely" with each other...

Marilyn

ssemmel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I put 5 row at the top and bottom and it didn't work. I even uninstalled it and that didn't work so now I am thinking it is the keyboard itself. I don't know.

Most reactions