What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problem updating app

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
not an ipad problem really but maybe someone knows? I opened chrome on ipad today & got an offer to upgrade to latest version, I clicked ok but when the App Store opened I got a window saying I was in US site & had to login to UK App Store to upgrade. How do I do this? If I click on my App Store icon ( like I always do!) & then search for chrome, I get the same message telling me I am on US site & my Apple login details are not valid! Grrrrrrr!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
not an ipad problem really but maybe someone knows? I opened chrome on ipad today & got an offer to upgrade to latest version, I clicked ok but when the App Store opened I got a window saying I was in US site & had to login to UK App Store to upgrade. How do I do this? If I click on my App Store icon ( like I always do!) & then search for chrome, I get the same message telling me I am on US site & my Apple login details are not valid! Grrrrrrr!

Go to App Store - Featured, scroll down to your Apple ID, tap it and sign out. Then sign in again, using your existing Apple ID. This way you should get back to the right App Store.

This sometimes happens when you're following a link for an app from somewhere or searching for an app in App Store, which you don't get in your country's store. It changes without you noticing it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts