What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update using apple id

edyta108

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an old ipad4. It is actuallu new, never used, and I cannot upgrade ot download any app. I would like to have chrome, netflix, disney and some other useful apps. I have heard that when you have newer apple device you can upgrade some apps using the same apple ID on both devices. Unfortunately I haven't got any other apple device. Is there a possibility that maybe someone here could create such account and put there some crucial apps from app store, and send me login and password, so I can upgrade? Whatever is usefull to you. I even cannot upgrade safari, so to have disney+ on website. Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

I‘m afraid that‘s not possible. You’ll have to create your own Apple ID on your device, in case you didn’t set up the iPad with an ID. Additionally, the apps you mentioned need iPadOS 16 and later. As the latest software your device can run is 10.3.3 or 10.3.4, you won‘t be able to install these apps on your iPad.

If you intend to get these apps, you’ll have to buy an iPad that can run iPadOS 16 or later, and set it up with your own Apple ID.
Btw creating an Apple ID for someone else, a person you don‘t know, is a security risk. No one will do that.

OP
E

edyta108

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok thank you. I just saw some tutorials with such method on youtube and thought it might be possinble to purchase apps on new device and then log in on an old one and the update will go through. I just wanted to try it.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You might be able to download older versions of these apps, if you‘ve purchased them on a new device with your own Apple ID.

You don‘t know the members of this forum. Someone could offer creating an Apple ID for you, and then use your information for something else, and you‘re not aware of it.
Also, no one in their right mind will create an Apple ID for someone they don‘t know. As I‘ve said before, it‘s a security risk.

Most reactions