What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing with the Ipad

Hourvitz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the forum and an anxiously awaiting Saturday. I have a pickup time at 10:30 AM.

I have a wireless bluetooth HP printer, will I be able to print from anything I want from my ipad?

Thanks

simon1966

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same printer and there is an app for the iphone that allows wireless printing.
I guess the same app will be available for the ipad on the day of launch or not long after.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a HP C7180 Wireless all in one printer. I'll be sure to test out the printing functions from the iPad and post the results :)

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The most difficult thing in a proper printing job is for the computer to be able to access the printer's specific functions. Only an installed driver will do a good job.
How the iPad will allow that is still an unresolved question.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Printing

The most difficult thing in a proper printing job is for the computer to be able to access the printer's specific functions. Only an installed driver will do a good job.
How the iPad will allow that is still an unresolved question.

Yeah that a silly question, but i have exactly the same

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you don't think iWork will have printing capabilities?

I have never had to install a driver on my mac to print...and my printer is a TOTAL pain to get working on windows....so as long as it has the same drivers as the mac and is updated the same as the mac it should be just fine.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad printing

you don't think iWork will have printing capabilities?

I have never had to install a driver on my mac to print...and my printer is a TOTAL pain to get working on windows....so as long as it has the same drivers as the mac and is updated the same as the mac it should be just fine.

Me is a little the reverse i have an HP (3in1) and when i upgrade to 10.6, and from that moment the printer refuse to print with my mac, Hp have update the driver but the scan won't work when it plug to my time machine ... so i have to bring my MBP to my time machine and plug in directly .... but it's the only one trouble i have so compare to all Windoze bug it's just a joke

Concerning the iPad i have no idea how he will print

Jaseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is where you early adopters can do a public service by letting Apple and vendors know what works, what works but not so well, and what doesn't work at all.

It's kind of funny how some people think if you are an early adopter, it means you're going to meet with all kinds of problems (regardless of the product). The truth of the matter is when u get hundreds of thousands of the product out the door, and the thousands of software/hardware combinations, incompatibilities and bugs are found. Fortunately, they are usually squashed pretty quickly. People who think that because bugs or problems are found, there is something wrong with the product don't understand the nature of the beast. It's a giant computer universe and its impossible to test all the possible permutations.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This will be a big area that Apple will have to address if they haven't. There appears to be a couple of printing apps out there - but they look basic and reviews are very mixed.

Most reactions

Latest posts