What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing a selection from an email via ipad

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
is there a way to just print a selection of an email vis the iPad & airprint, rather than having to print all of it,

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not directly from the Mail app.

You can select/copy/paste it into another app that can print. Depending on the app, you may lose some formatting.

It's not something I need to do often, but if printing and preserving the format (as much as possible) is a concern I'd probably use PDF Converter by Readdle. After you select and copy the part of the email you want to print you open PDF Convert and choose the Clipboard options. It shows you how it will look (usually pretty close to the original in my experience) and asks if you want to Convert it. Once converted (to a PDF, don't you know) you have the options to Print it (via AirPrint), email it, save it to another app via Open In, or copy it to iCloud Drive.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427187349.123767.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427187360.288636.jpg

{Note: The Convert button in the second image is approximate. I didn't' feel like the extra work it would take to combine two different screenshots, so I just pasted some text where the button appears in the previous screen. It won't look exactly like that.}

I'm sure there are other ways, but I don't know of a better one off the top of my head.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts