What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre ordered ipad from US

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone from uk has preordered there ipad from US from either bundlebox or eBay
and was just wondering if any one had there yet I was told 6/10 days just getting impatient rele
is there any likely hood of getting it in the next few days
it was posted from phildepheia on Monday !

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FedEx/UPS or USPS?

'cause, if it's USPS, you probably have to pick the package up at you local customs office..... :(

OP
T

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's from usps
how do I know when it ready to pick up thought?

mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USPS is a nightmare to Europe. Usually takes at least 3 weeks if it appears at all (and when it doesn't appear they don't want to know). Sometimes you're lucky and it'll take a week or two.

When it does appear you should get a note from your local post office telling you to go and pay them their pound of flesh before they release it (what I always find amazing is that they charge VAT plus an administration fee for charging you the VAT - and then they charge more VAT on the administration fee).

Good luck.

simon1966

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i bought myself from Apple and got Bundlebox to ship for me to thge UK - paid for fastest shipping option and it arrived Wednesday (it was posted on Monday).

Sorry but USPS is slow and you can expect customs fees, vat and a handling charge which will bump up your price.
Best to do your research before you bought your ipad.

OP
T

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How much do you reckon extra it may be with charges ect?

OP
T

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I have just ordered one from bundlebox and when the ipad does arrive from the eBay mess I will just sell it right away
so how long do you reckon it will take from bundlebox???
Cheers in advance

KronicKaos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i bought myself from Apple and got Bundlebox to ship for me to thge UK - paid for fastest shipping option and it arrived Wednesday (it was posted on Monday).

Sorry but USPS is slow and you can expect customs fees, vat and a handling charge which will bump up your price.
Best to do your research before you bought your ipad.

How does one go about buying themselves?

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the Bundlebox tip. It is by far, the best US-shopping service I have found on the net. Now I finally found a way, how I can buy things in the US without trouble !!

I start to love this forum more and more :cool:

OP
T

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How long does it take for the ipad from bundle box
are the usually a quick service?
And who delivers it in the uk

simon1966

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How long does it take for the ipad from bundle box
are the usually a quick service?
And who delivers it in the uk

Fedex deliver it here in the UK for Bundlebox.

Apple used UPS to deliver to Bundlebox then bundle box shipped via Fedex.:)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really sure why you would want to do this...you won't be able to get any apps or use itunes or ibooks. It's a really expensive iPod in countries other than US until it is released elsewhere.

OP
T

Timd9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can download app iBooks and use iTunes from your computer then sync it to your ipad until the ipad comes out in the uk
simple I know someone who has one

Most reactions

Latest posts