What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

please helpppppp

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok i dont want to sound like a dummy but....Im trying to JB my ipad 4.2.1. and tell me what im doing wrong...

Downloaded Redsn0w: 0.9.6.rc8
Downloaded IPSW:iPad1,1_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw

Running Itunes 10.1.1

followed instructions from iclarified.com

like come on why it so difficult?

THANKS MAN

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dude I've tried to help. Those tutorials are just about idiot proof. It would really help if you explaind where in the process it has gone wrong...

OP
T

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry if im being a little unclear, Ive read 100 posts and 200 videos on this, and it seems really easy but when I do it, it doesn't seem to work or go as smooth.

as i said before in my opening posts I downloaded those 2 items and when I click Browse to confirm my IPSW for the ipad to jailbreak it says "Not Recognized" Is my IPSW incorrect? I downloaded the one you told me to dude.

Info:
Mac OS ----> laptop
Version: 4.2.1 (8C148)
Model: MB
16GB ($499.99)
I followed the instructions, and soon as I hit browse, again it says "IPSW Not Recognized).

Thank you for all your help

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is either the wrong iPSW file or it did not download correctly (corrupted). That would seem to make sence since you were unable to get iTunes to download it either. Is your internet connection reliable?
How big is the file exactly?

OP
T

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no my internet connection is reliable and fast its by Optimum Online (cable). Im not at home at the moment but i posted the names of the files and verisons of redsn0w and the IPSW for my IPAD in the previous post. Can you provide me with correct downloads, maybe Iclarified had some old links on there?

Thanks

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I just followed the link on the iClarrified tutorial which I PM'd you.
It downloaded the IPSW from Apple servers and I ran it through redsn0w and it works OK. Afraid I don't know how else to help you...

OP
T

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I have the wrong version of redsn0w with my IPSW? What you think

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
T

Taylor263621

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found the correct IPSW file size, hopefully this works!!! From Felix Burns Website

Most reactions

Latest posts