What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak 4.2.1

naty48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello i got ipad Wifi 16GB

Now i update to lastest GM Version 4.2.1
and i try to jailbreak with redsn0w but its not work..
its just stuck on Explotiong Jailbreak over 2H so i cancel it
my problem his i made APP For ipad in Flash i want test it but i cant install it on my Device Why ?
how i can do it and please dont tell me back to 3.2.2 becouse 4.2.1 have hebrew keyboard and i need her.. thanks alot

BTW What is the best Softwate to use Jailbreak to ipad 4.2.1
and some one told me installl via SSH somting like that how im doing it ?
please ,thanks alot :)

fergy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i don't think there is a jailbreak for 4.2.1 seen vids on you tube but i think they are all fake.

OP
N

naty48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol i have just Jailbreak mine.. but Cydia not work.. its crase and multi tasking not work WTF..

fergy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
think i read somewhere cydia are not ready for 4.2 yet

fergy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
no sorry bud only ever used it when its been JB

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can't jailbreak 4.2.1 on iPad yet. It fails to jailbreak properly and leaves the os in a mess. You will need to wait for full support to be released which will likely be after the final public release.

UPDATE - As has been pointed out to me oh so politely elsewhere, this information was out of date as soon as I posted it. You can now jailbreak following the guide on redmondpie. See the thread "Jailbreak 4.2 with working cydia" for some more information...

Last edited:

Rich Gibson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im jailbroken on 4.2.1 what is the problem ?

if you want to know if you can jailbreak just check the jailbreak matrix, i run the site and we update every few hours.

covers ipad, iphone, ipod and apple tv2g

Would you please post a link to it for us?

Thanks

cadsii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im jailbroken on 4.2.1 what is the problem ?

if you want to know if you can jailbreak just check the jailbreak matrix, i run the site and we update every few hours.

covers ipad, iphone, ipod and apple tv2g

Would you please post a link to it for us?

Thanks

Just search on Google. Really easy to find.

took the words out of my mouth, first 10 pages of results all point to my site :)

Rich Gibson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I upgraded my MacPro to 10.6.5, IPAD and iPhone4 to 4.2.1 and encountered all sorts of problems before even thinking about jailbreaking. People are losing data, having their (mostly) IPADS lock up, and wi-fi connectivity to the IPAD drop without warning. For me resetting the router re-connected the IPAD for a few hours. I had two boot drive backups so I went back to 10.6.4 and took the IPD back to 3.2.2 and IPhone to 4.1. I re-jailbroke them and they are rolling along smoothly.

Cydia says to hold off on jailbreaking 4.2.1. I suggest not even upgrading your Macs, phones and IPADs. A JB iPhone and IPAD are no big deal. I have blown away the devices back to 'new' status and ther re-JB them with no problems. When I JB the 2nd time the restore to new removed every trace of the JB even down to removing the Folders I had put there to hold images.

For a digital photography equivalent it's like cleaning your camera's sensor the first time; it's unnerving but after a time or two it is not a big deal, just be deliberate and keep track of what you're doing.

Most reactions

Latest posts