What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please dont shoot me down...

Focus_Speed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Am somewhat technologically challenged, as I started working when Dos 1.0 was born. Moving forward, entered the Smartphone world and have an a hand me down IPAD 1, which I want to use WhatsApp on. Why, because I have an Android tablet, which is limited to 1 Gig, and I cant install all the apps I need, and the Ipad has 16 gig.

Recently the Ipad upgraded to the lastest OS, and I got started on the route of copying the library and documents folder off a working Iphone, but cannot copy them onto the Ipad, because of the security features.

What are my options, as I believe WhatsApp should also work on the Ipad, which is more convenient for me.

As I said, please dont flame me....

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

There'll be no flaming here, but I'm afraid there will also be no assistance. Whatsapp does not work on an iPad (the developers don't support it).

Having an iPad 1 means you can jailbreak it (cause the highest iOS an iPad 1 can run is iOS 5.1.1 - and that iOS is jailbreakable. And, I remember that some people could get Whatsapp on a jailbroken iPad, but I'm just not sure if anything is still available for that old of an iOS.

Regardless, maybe it's a line of research to follow? Cause there is nothing to be done with a stock iPad and Whatsapp. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
F

Focus_Speed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for your reply. I made a mistake - it is a Ipad 2 that I have.

Does this change things ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it does - but only to make it more difficult. If your iPad 2 is on iOS 9.2.1 (the most current), there is no jailbreak for it, so you'll have to see if a jailbreak gets released eventually.

Cause I remember that people were doing stuff with Whatsapp on jailbroken iPads. I just was never interested enough to look into it (as I have a phone for texting).

So, you might still be able to do it, once a jailbreak is released.

No change in the "stock iPads can't run Whatsapp" tho. Sorry.

Marilyn

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are a few apps in the App Store that can connect to WhatsApp on your phone, WhatsApp has to be installed on your smartphone to be able to use them. They require iOS 8 or 9. If your iPad is up to date, you'll meet this requirement.

Just search for "WhatsApp iPad" in the App Store. There are a few apps to choose from. Some of them don't support all functions of WhatsApp on the phone, though.

Here are two of them:
Messenger for WhatsApp - iPad Version by Guglielmo Faglioni
Messenger for WhatsApp - iPad Version on the App Store
Messenger for WhatsApp - iPad Version - Free Version App by tv illez
Messenger for WhatsApp - iPad Version - Free Version App on the App Store

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts