What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regards From Peru.

supraluminal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hola Forum Members,

As of Friday the 13th, 2011, here in Lima, Peru, South America, the Apple Store is not yet selling the iPad 2, nor do they know when it will be available.

They are currently retailing the iPad 1 for a whopping $700.00 U.S.

For what it's worth, I can get an alpaca sweater real cheap down here but it doesn't make for a great Apple accessory. :)

After perusing (no pun intended) some of the threads here I must say I appreciate the well written commentary, insightful discussion and resourceful thinking from the greater intelligence of this community.

I am seeking a solution to provide me with mobile access to my 160 gigs of mp3 files so I can play them on an iPad 2 (which I don't have yet). I've got a 1 Tera Toshiba portable HD where the mp3's are backed up.

The source files are located on my pc and managed with iTunes. I also have most of it backed up on a 150 gig iPod classic. (My intention here is not to tout my hardware - only to present the specific circumstances of my dilema accurately.)

I saw a thread here explaining how to use a jailbroken iPad with the Camera/Cardreader Kit for cheap video storage, but no mention was made regarding music files. I attempted a few keyword searches but nothing of note came up.

Probably the easiest solution for me is to simply connect my iPod to the iPad to access (most of) my music library, but the whole point of my inquiry is to find a way to leave the iPod (and/or other portable hd's) at home.

I imagine copying my mp3 files to half a dozen micro sd cards and bringing a couple at a time with me wouldn't present too many limitations to my portability goals, but according to some of the members here, 2 gig sd cards are all that the iPad will work with.

Obviously then, this is not a viable solution. When I get my iPad (in the next few weeks) I will conduct some "interconnectivity" tests of my own in these regards and if I come up with anything helpful, I'll post it in the appropriate thread(s) but in the meantime I'll continue chasing down the intelligence quotient herein so I can raise my awareness of all things iPad.

If there are any among you who may assist me in this matter, I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

Kudos to the Admin for a great site!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

You have posted some interesting questions, so I'm sure you'll get a whole load of advice from members over the next few days!! I was sorry to hear of the very high price iPads cost in your country.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Supraluminal (or should I call you Wimpy? - I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today - I think that is who said that).
I see you have some questions and there are lots of folks, Tim for sure, that can help you. This is a great place for iPad info as I am sure you have discovered. Maybe we will see you around - sounds like you might could teach us a thing or two.

Chiky

Lyn p

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 with 3G and wi if and we are traveling in south America next month. Will my iPad work and do I need the travel adaptor kit
Cheers Lyn

Lyn p

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have your iPad 2 now? We are going to south America next month and wonder will my iPad with 3G and wi fi work there
Lyn

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I've been looking at it seems that wifi is readily available in most good hotels and there are plenty of Internet cafes around. Some bus companies even supply wifi for long trips. 3g seems to be a different matter, while sim cards can be easily bought some people report that you need to be a resident to have it activated, but there again it seems a matter of where you are buying this sim as they can have it activated for you. As far as adapters, here it depends on where you are going many have reported the same as the US. Most good hotels will have adapters for you to use. The power supply seems to be mainly 220volts, A converter may be needed for some appliances like hair dryers which do not come with transformers. It may be an idea to check with hotels you are staying at. I hope this has helped.

Most reactions

Latest posts